An open source chat bot framework written in python. It is designed to be extendable, scalable and simple.
This application is designed to take messages from chat services and execute python functions (skills) based on their contents. Those functions can be anything you like, from simple conversational responses to running complex tasks. The true power of this project is to act as a glue library to bring the multitude of natural language APIs, chat services and third party APIs together.
"ChatOps is an operational paradigm where work that is already happening in the background today is brought into a common chatroom. By doing this, you are unifying the communication about what work should get done with actual history of the work being done." - StackStorm
In the new frontier of DevOps it is becoming more and more popular to interact with your automation tools via an instant messenger. opsdroid is a framework to make creating and extending your ChatOps workflows powerful but simple.
Why use opsdroid?
- It's open source
- Simple to modify and extend
- Add your own skills in under 10 lines of python
- Easy to install
- Designed with Docker in mind for simple deployment
- Configurable with a single YAML file
- Can connect to multiple chat services simultaneously
- No coding necessary if using the official modules
pip3 install opsdroid opsdroid
Check out the Getting Started video series on YouTube.
# Pull the container image docker pull opsdroid/opsdroid:latest # Run the container docker run --rm -it -v /path/to/configuration.yaml:/etc/opsdroid/configuration.yaml:ro opsdroid/opsdroid:latest
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
# Update apt-get sudo apt-get update # Install pip for python3 and locales sudo apt-get install python3-pip language-pack-en git # Enure pip is up-to-date pip3 install --upgrade pip # Install opsdroid sudo pip3 install opsdroid # Run opsdroid opsdroid
Contributing to the opsdroid ecosystem is strongly encouraged and every little bit counts! You can do this by creating modules to be used by opsdroid or by contributing to the project itself.
All contributors to the project, including the project founder jacobtomlinson, contribute using the following process:
- Fork the main project to your own account
- Work on your changes on a feature branch
- Create a pull request back to the main project
- Tests and test coverage will be checked automatically
- A project maintainer will review and merge the pull request
For more information see the contribution documentation.
Do you need help? Do you want to chat? Join our Gitter channel
* databases are optional, however bot memory will not persist between different connectors or system reboots without one
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute].
Thank you to all our backers! 🙏 [Become a backer]
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]